Falling In Bed - Time to Get Well




How do moms make it unless they first go to the source to be filled? Mary indulged and sat at the feet of Jesus, but did she really indulge? No, Jesus said, "but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her" (Luke 10:42). And how often do we function choosing what we think is the extra or the best, but not the necessary? 

During the Summer when I have a little more time, I indulge in extra “necessary” times with God. I sneak away early in the morning and have prayer time before all the day starts because there is no real starting time to the day and I feast on basking in His presence like I really have nothing else to do. 

But then the schedules start, the meetings come and assignments build up. I find myself eating on the run and praying throughout the day but miss out on those long steady times of laying before God like I have nothing else in the world to do. Can you relate at all?






God says that there is a season for everything in Ecclesiastes 3:

There is an appointed time for everything. And there is a time for every event under heaven—
      2A time to give birth and a time to die;
            A time to plant and a time to uproot what is planted.
      3A time to kill and a time to heal;
            A time to tear down and a time to build up.
      4A time to weep and a time to laugh;
            A time to mourn and a time to dance.
This past weekend I have been allowing myself the time to heal. I told my daughter on Wednesday I felt like a jelly donut that had all of its sweet gooey stuff inside squirted out and by Friday I was exhausted. I pushed through a conference that I delighted in on the first day and lively energized myself on pure social contact with other adult humans but by the end I didn’t know if I could drive myself home. And by the time I made it home, I stayed in bed for two days trying to recover. (I knew I should not have cleaned that bathroom out on Wednesday without prepping myself with allergy meds--how do I so easily forget?).

I am tired of coughing at night, and struggling to think about what best home remedy I need to prepare for each symptom. (My husband did not so much like the onion juice in the ear I used last night; I recall with a smile.) I don’t want medication. I want to use oils and nature to heal my own body but then I start to think do I have the time to indulge in home remedies. If only the drainage would stop, but I just don’t feel like looking up what to do. Can someone simply come to my home and “natural medicine” me like a mom would for her sick child?

So, finally, I turn my thoughts to the ONE who loves me, “Papa, help me, heal me, educate me, strengthen me.” You caught that, didn’t you? “Finally” not initially. Why are we so consistently like this? Why do we see His natural methods but forget to seek HIM first? Forgive me, Father.

And His grace thankfully is always sufficient and never an empty cup. He is able to pour into me whenever I take the time to ask. I am sure He waits beside me, longing for me, to finally ask. Oh, when will I ever choose what is “necessary" all of the time and never hesitate or wait? Waiting to go to THE doctor. Waiting to go to the sustainer. Waiting to go to the healer. Waiting to go to the lover of my soul. What am I waiting for?

O LORD my God, I cried to You for help, and You healed me. Psalm 30:2

The healing started with my soul the moment I asked.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premier Designs - A Different Kind of Company!

We Are a Nation of Citizens

5 minutes for Mom Ultimate Blog Party 2009