Daily Prayer - Reading and Writing with the Bible

For me, daily prayer takes a lot of energy to be still and know that He is God. I do not think I am alone, but that does not make it better. I am easily distracted like a butterfly I flitter from on thought to the next. I see something dazzle or that looks interesting and I am drawn.

Photo Credit: Glimmer by Goldomega on DeviantArt


Since I love to read and write, I find focusing on Scripture so much easier when I have a pen and journal or my laptop open to write down what I am thinking and learning. I could read like this for hours and get totally lost in the experience.

Yet, it is not the same think as experiencing a relationship with God.

That hard, bold fact pierces my heart and makes me want to cry, but for who? Myself or God?

I am cheating myself out of the pleasure of being still and knowing Him. Am I a fraud? I wonder, since I would claim to have a relationship with Jesus, even if it meant I would be put to death. Then I am reminded of grace, GRACE that covers my weaknesses while I am still be molded and completed by God, GRACE that goes further than I could ever go and makes me pleasing in God's sight, regardless.

Ah, yes, Grace. So misunderstood by those who don't believe, as a crutch for fake believers, but truly the only hope true believers have to please God. What I cannot do, Christ does for me! What I lack, He is. Where I fall short, He makes it full. It is not me, but HE. And then, I properly reflect on really who I am instead of pretending to be what I am not. Yet at the same time I know because of HIM, I am holy in the sight of God, righteous by His covering, and pleasing for my childlike feeble trying.

What a paradox we Believers and Followers of Christ live! More of Him comes by less of me. The greater my weakness, the more of His strength lives through me. In my weakness, He is strong. By reducing, He increases. The less I think of me, the more I have space to think of Him. (John 3: 30, 2 Corinthians 12:8-10)

So, what shall I do, I will walk by faith and in grace. Not blind faith but faith that sees, that has "assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1).

So now that I have written, let me try to be still and know that HE is my God (Psalms 46:10). I am loving "The Pleasure of HIS Company" by Dutch Sheets to assist me during this season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Premier Designs - A Different Kind of Company!

We Are a Nation of Citizens

5 minutes for Mom Ultimate Blog Party 2009