The Secret Power of a Mother's Prayer - Spiritual Warfare

Let me get this out upfront - Jesus - His name and His blood is the power - of a mother's prayer! It is only a secret because we live in a world that is not a Christian's home. It is ruled by God's enemy, Satan and his demons, and this is the secret that so many people are not facing as truth.

Jesus prayed, should not we also pray. by Hongmin on DeviantART


I awoke this morning at 4:30. Like a bullet, I shot up sitting in bed. I have been awaking quickly like this for the past few weeks since I have been reading A Woman's Guide to Spiritual Warfare by Quin Sherrer and Ruthanne Garlock. What I study during the day, Satan tests in my life and God enforces in my dreams.

I had a powerful warfare dream last night. My husband and I were rescuing my brother who was morphing in age between under 18 and then 30's. You know how dreams have that morphing ability to alter any sense of reality. But one thing was real, I was praying in the power of Jesus in "His name and by His blood" to halt the physical world and alter the powers of the spiritual realm. The prayers of one righteous in Christ individual was able to shield and miraculously bend the normal inevitable outcomes of physical dynamics.

So when I awoke, I was stirred by noises from my living room and after beginning to pray in bed, I went into the living room and walked through my home praying in the power of spiritual warfare. I walked in faith, not fear--in His strength, not my weakness. And of course, I prayed for my son who is no longer living at home--he is the first person I prayed over when I sat up and I persisted in prayer for him this morning until I felt a sense of release.

I read yesterday about travailing in prayer. We mothers can understand this because we travailed in childbirth. The baby is not birthed immediately like so many things we get and expect in today's instantaneous world. A mother must persist. She must keep up the good fight. She must labor until the child is brought into this world. In the very same way, a mother can labor for her child spiritually. She can persist in prayer and never let up until her child is released from the clutches of the enemy and darkness-- until her child receives God's grace to be lifted from the miry pit he has dug for himself through sinful choices.

Satan hates the children of God - this is so evident! Infant sacrifice, abortion, child abuse, abduction... the destruction of children is his focus. He has a plan to tempt them, to confuse them, to lie to them, to "kill, steal and destroy" God's plan for their life. We mothers must resist the enemy for our children until they are able to maturely in spiritual warfare fight for themselves. Of course, I am not discounting the prayers of a father, not at all. But, we mothers must do our God given part. We are the nurturing heart of the home; we are, also, the spiritually sensitive warrior of our home.

Never underestimate the power of Jesus' name and the blood of Jesus. Never underestimate your ability to bind the enemy from talking, attacking and keeping a hold on your child.

Realize that spiritual warfare is not a one day's work but a walk of life on earth. We are prayer warriors for life.

I believe in God. I believe in His Word and His promises. Therefore, I will travail in prayer for my children, my family, my home and my own life all the days I breath air on this earth.

Ps 68:11 - The LORD gives the command (His Word of power); the women who proclaim the good tidings are of a great host.

Woman, for the Lord, are like a military company that through bearing and speaking His Word are able to be a powerful army of praise for the LORD. I want to be one of these woman. Do you?

love,

Lindy

a sister in the Lord

Comments

Post a Comment

Blogging is relational; I would love to have a comment from you.

Popular posts from this blog

Premier Designs - A Different Kind of Company!

We Are a Nation of Citizens

5 minutes for Mom Ultimate Blog Party 2009